General Dental Council (GDC) is an organisation that regulates dental professionals in the UK. Among other things, you can search the GDC database on their site to check your dentist or dental care professional is registered to practice in the UK. The link is


BDA Smile is the British Dental Association’s website for patients. Whether you’re looking for information on common dental problems or for some background on specific treatments, this site provides independent dental advice. The link is


The 3D Mouth is the British Dental Association’s educational website for schools. On this site you can learn about dental anatomy, conditions, treatments and good oral health with educational tool. The link is


Among other things, NHS Choices informs you about costs and exemptions from payment for NHS dental treatments. This site also provides advice on ways to obtain financial support and refunds, if you are eligible. See link


PALS and complaints. The Primary Care Trust (Enfield) has a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) that provides help and advice to Enfield residents, as well as offering a complaints service. The link